Torpy Mountain Hike With Guided By Adventure
During guided hikes your hiking guide sets the pace, prompts scheduled breaks for snacks, water & beauty appreciation moments. Your guide will also cover local history, flora, fauna,
During guided hikes your hiking guide sets the pace, prompts scheduled breaks for snacks, water & beauty appreciation moments. Your guide will also cover local history, flora, fauna, animal habitats and go over animal awareness as well as hiking/route finding skills.
Meeting – Meeting outside of Tim hortons on Massey Dr. (same parking lot as Princess Auto) between 6:45am – 7am, hitting the rd by 7am. Drive to trailhead is around 2 hours. Goal is to be back in PG by around 5pm, depending on trail condition, group pace & how long we want enjoy the day for! From meeting point guests can carpool or follow out in their own vehicles. Carpool fee is $15
Rated – Moderate, some steep terrain and almost 900 meters of elevation gain. We suggest you are a confident hiking a full day prior to attending this trip.
What to bring/wear-
- Gear for all elements (gloves, toque (for alpine) & Dress in synthetic layers – warmth, rain. heat, mosquitos!
- Hiking boots
- Bandana on pack (use for sweat or as tissue)
- Backpack & water (2L)
- Gaiters (strongly recommended)
- Poles (strongly recommended)
- Pad or backpacking chair to sit on
- Bear spray if you have it, please no bear bells
- Guided hike (hike with an apprentice ACMG Hiking Guide who has extensive knowledge of area, route, terrain & is equipped to keep you safe while you have an amazing time on your adventure)
- Trail Interpretation
- Snacks & refreshments
- First aid kit stocked for amount of guests (Guide is a Wilderness First Responder & OFA Level3)
- Bug spray, sunscreen
- Emergency GPS device
- Carpooling can be arranged
****An email will be sent out to all group members 48 hours prior to go over meeting spot & any gear/info changes**** If you require any gear or have any questions please email us at email@example.com
(Saturday) 7:00 am - 6:00 pm