Learn more about our
101-1300 First Avenue
Presented through Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC, this introductory program is appropriate for kids 5-15 and their families. The half-day course will teach you the basics of how, when and where to catch fish in fresh water. Each year, about 25,000 people across the province participate in the Learn to Fish program.
What you’ll learn:
• Fish identification and biology
• Habitat and conservation
• Rods, reels, lines and tackle
• Knot tying
• Proper fish handling and ethics
• Safety and fishing regulations
• Casting and retrieving
• Where, when and how to catch fish
• Hands on fishing (all tackle and equipment provided)
Looking for something in particular?
Search the event calendar below:
View events by tagged category: