Learn more about our
101-1300 First Avenue
CrossRoads Street Festival: Biking, Paddling and FishingView Event Calendar
CrossRoads BrewingLearn More
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - VISITOR INFORMATION COUNSELLOR
About Tourism Prince George
Tourism Prince George Society operates as the destination marketing/management organization within the city of Prince George. Our team works closely with our local tourism partners to develop innovative campaigns that will drive visitation to Prince George.
Visitor Information Counsellor
Part-time summer employment runs from May to September 2019
The role of the Visitor Information Counsellor is to maximize the economic benefits of tourism by promoting tourism products and services. Reporting to the Manager, Visitor Services you will be responsible for the effective delivery of travel information to visitors that come through the Visitor Information Centre with the goal to extend their length of stay and ensure that they have a remarkable travel experience in the region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide accurate information on tourism products and services based on visitor requests regarding destinations, transportation, accommodation, options and costs, etc.
• Assist visitor inquiries in person, by phone, and via email and ensure visitor understanding of the information provided
• Provide mobile visitor services at local events and festivals throughout the season
• Promote and sell tourism products and services
• Book accommodations, transportation, etc. reservations using computerized reservation
• Develop a strong knowledge of Tourism Prince George’s stakeholders to best promote and sell their products and services
• Gather and record accurate visitor statistics
• Post current event information of interest to visitors and locals
• Participate in familiarization tours and stakeholder presentations
• Ensure brochure racks are fully stocked and resource materials are accurate and up-to-date
• Stock and sell retail merchandise and handle cash transactions
• Provide assistance and support to other Tourism Prince George departments and other administrative duties as required
• Comply with professional dress code and follow all Standard Operating Procedures as outlined for the Visitor Centre
• Currently a fulltime post-secondary student in an accredited institution
• Excellent customer service skills with previous front line sales experience
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Knowledge of local attractions, transportation and accommodations
• Knowledge of Prince George, surrounding areas and British Columbia
• Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively multi-task
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good organization skills with the ability to pay attention to detail
• Ability to take initiative in any given situation
• Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of social media tools
• Customer service certifications (ie. WorldHost, Destination BC’s VIC Certification) or post-secondary education in a related field is an asset
• Knowledge of a second language and a valid driver’s license is an asset but not required
• Must be flexible to work a variety of shifts including weekdays, weekends, and holidays
• Must be flexible to work mornings and evenings (Visitor Information seasonal hours are 8:00 am – 7:00 pm daily)
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
$13.85 per hour
Please email your resume and cover letter to Tourism Prince George at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15th, 2019. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest; however only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Want to keep up on the latest and greatest in PG? Sign up for our e-mail newsletter below:
The Institute for Canadian Citizens' Cultural Access Pass allows newly sworn-in citizens to visit participating attractions for free, for one year.
Find out how to register for free access to over 1,200 of Canada's best museums, art galleries, discovery centres, historic sites and nature parks - then pick yours up at our visitor centre!
Whether you’re a local or a visitor, this guide has you covered. Maps, ideas, fun facts - a showcase of all Prince George has to offer. Download it below, or pick up a hard copy at the Visitor Centre.
Want to advertise in next year's guide? Please email Colin Carson for more information.