Learn more about our
101-1300 First Avenue
Spruce Kings Playoff GameView Event Calendar
CrossRoads BrewingLearn More
About Tourism Prince George
Tourism Prince George Society is a not-for-profit society that operates as the destination marketing/management organization within the city of Prince George. Our team works closely with our local tourism partners to develop innovative campaigns that will drive visitation to Prince George.
We are seeking a passionate, creative and detail-oriented individual to join our dynamic team. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Communications, this position will create and maintain marketing content and assist with corporate communications in alignment with Tourism Prince George’s corporate strategies and marketing plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create compelling written and visual content for online and print communications
• Manage and monitor daily social media account activity and engage community users (locals, future visitors, current visitors and past visitors) on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and other channels
• Track daily social media activity and adjust content to improve impact
• Coordinate online contests and giveaways to reach new users and retain current ones
• Coordinate paid search and banner advertising spaces
• Assist in the coordination of familiarization and media tours
• Aid in the collection and organization of digital assets
• Create and maintain stakeholder database
• Maintain website content including Tourism Prince George’s event calendar
• Create and maintain stakeholder relations and communications content for business to business development through the distribution of the Society’s monthly e-newsletter
• Encourage the use of social media by local stakeholders, as well as educate and assist them with initial planning and implementation
• Represent Tourism Prince George at industry trade shows, events and festivals and assist in the coordination of the same
• Sell advertisements for the Official Prince George Visitor Guide and assist in the production and distribution of the same
• Coordinate the sales of the Milepost display advertising
• Assist with Tourism Prince George’s industry events such as the Northern BC Tourism Summit, Tourism Week events, industry workshops, and stakeholder meetings
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications, or a similar program
• 2+ years experience in marketing, communications or relevant field; experience in the tourism
industry is considered an asset
• Possess a strong understanding of digital and traditional marketing tactics including display media buying, copywriting and social media
• Comfortable using a variety of social media tools for business such as Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest
• General understanding of current online and traditional marketing concepts and best practices
• Knowledge of SEO techniques and CMS (Drupal) administration
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Commitment to quality and accuracy of work
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and areas of responsibility
• Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Desire to exemplify outstanding customer service
• Knowledge of web and social analytics software such as Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Nitrogram and Hashtracking considered an asset
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs an asset
• Fluency in another language and/or photography/videography experience considered an asset
• Ability to travel (overnight) for tradeshows and other industry events.
• Clean, class 5 Driver’s License
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Tourism Prince George at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 9th, 2018 at 4:30 pm. No phone calls please.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest; however only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
Want to keep up on the latest and greatest in PG? Sign up for our e-mail newsletter below:
The Institute for Canadian Citizens' Cultural Access Pass allows newly sworn-in citizens to visit participating attractions for free, for one year.
Find out how to register for free access to over 1,200 of Canada's best museums, art galleries, discovery centres, historic sites and nature parks - then pick yours up at our visitor centre!
Whether you’re a local or a visitor, this guide has you covered. Maps, ideas, fun facts - a showcase of all Prince George has to offer. Download it below, or pick up a hard copy at the Visitor Centre.
Want to advertise in next year's guide? Please email Colin Carson for more information.