Charles Jago Northern Sport Centre
3333 University Way, Prince George, BC, V2N 4Z9
The Northern Sport Centre is situated at the entrance of the UNBC campus. From general memberships to rental space for minor groups, to training opportunities for high-performance athletes, the Northern Sport Centre brings together fitness and sport development.
Features of the sport centre include: a multi-purpose field house that can accommodate two soccer pitches on a Polytan turf system which has been installed on an earth base rather than concrete; a three lane, 280 metre track overlooking the gymnasium; and a fields house with a five lane, 80 metre straightaway for sprints on a quality Polytan surface. Athletes are able to wear indoor spikes while training. The 22,000 square foot gymnasium contains three basketball courts and can accommodate seating for up to 2,000 spectators. The courts are also designed to accommodate volleyball, badminton, and gymnastics equipment.
The sport centre also includes offices, meeting space, officials rooms, concession, storage areas, fitness studio, weight rooms, squash courts, and on site services such as physiotherapy, sports medicine, and massage therapy.
Pacific Sport Northern BC is also located on site and provides various services including athletes testing, performance analysis, strength conditioning, and training and development programs for coaches and athletes.
For specifications on the materials used in the facility, please click here.
The Field House
- FIFA approved Polytan Turf System built on an earth base rather than concrete
- Two 90x190 Soccer Fields
- Batting Cage
- 60 yard Football Field
- Indoor training/competition area also for Rugby, Utimate Frisbee, Lacrosse, Field Hockey and other activities.
- Additional Specifications
- Three full size Basketball Courts
- Spectator seating for over 2000 people
- Four Volleyball Courts
- Eight Badminton Courts
- Practices and competitions also for Dodgeball, Floor Hockey, Futsol, and other activities
Fitness & Conditioning Rooms
- Wide range of Free Weights, Selectorized and Plate Loaded Isolateral Machines
- Olympic/Power Rack & Weighted Cable Systems
- Equipment positioned for Circuit Training
- Swiss Balls, Bosus, Mats, Resistance Bands, Medicine Balls, and almost any other piece of fitness equipment you can Imagine!
- Larger Studio is equipped with Sprung Wood Floors - Hosts classes such as Boxing, Yoga, Zumba, and much more!
- Smaller Studio ideal for our popular Spin classes, Core work classes, and Karate
- Two International Size Squash Courts - Can be booked by calling the Reception Desk (250-960-6366)
- The "Wolf Den" is a 1500 square foot meeting room and offers Catering upon request - Projection screen, speakers & microphones also available
- Additional meeting room designed for smaller groups (10 pple max)
- Additional Amenities
- Concession - Offers Wraps, Salads, Sandwhiches, Coffee, Smoothies, and other snacks
- Plenty of locker/change rooms for member and teams/groups
- Free Wireless Internet
The Track & Training Zones
- Three lane 280m Polytan Surface with a Five lane 80m straightaway
- Treadmills, Ellipticals, Stair Climbers, Stationary Bikes, Rowing Machine
- Selectorized Isolated Machines
- TRX attachments
- Swiss balls, mats, Bosus, Foam Rollers, etc.
- 2015 Canada Winter Games
- 2014 Silvertip Archers Regional 600 Shoot
- 2014 BC Provincial Judo Championships
- 2014 BC Secondary Schools Provincial Wrestling Championships
- 2014 North Central Junior & Adult Masters Badminton Tournament
- 2013 BC Provincial Artistic Gymnastics Championships
- 2009 CCAA Men's Basketball Championships
- 2008 BCCAA Basketball Provincials
- 2008 Western Canadian Gymnastics Championships and Training Camp
The Charles Jago Northern Sport Centre served as the gymnastics, badminton, judo, squash, and archery venue for the 2015 Canada Winter Games. To watch video tours of the venue for each sport, click the links below: