Learn more about our
101-1300 First Avenue
Celebrate this mathematical constant 3.14 at 1:59pm (3.1459) by joining us to make your very own Pi bracelet! This activity is free with admission. Why pi? Because we love math! 1:59-3:30pm.
WHAT IS Pi?
- A mathematical constant
- The ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter
- Commonly approximated at 3.1459
- Represented by the Greek letter p
- It is an irrational number and cannot be expressed exactly as a fraction, and its decimal representation never ends!
- It is used often in trigonometry and geometry especially related to circle, ellipses and spheres
- It is also used in thermodynamics, mechanics, electromagnetism and cosmology
Looking for something in particular?
Search the event calendar below:
View events by tagged category: